Tuesday, February 19, 2008

That Being Said...

There is something about an extra person that throws the whole family dynamics off. Many people know that with each birth of a child there is an adjustment period. Older siblings change to assimilate to their new role and sibling. For me these adjustment periods have luckily been relatively short, minor, and small. Here though it's weird. Two months later something is off and I can't pinpoint it. A million things are off and I know those, but there is something I can't define. This woman who is loving, tender, silly, and great causes a change in my kids. Not one I am totally in love with. For when she is gone...to visit her mom, at the temple for the day, etc... my kids revert to their old selves. The ones I am used to, love easily, and respond the way I expect they will whether good or bad. Maybe I am missing something else in the equation that is more ambiguous. Whatever it may be pushes me to find a house faster. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: