Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I love me a four day weekend. So many things to do and our family tries to pack as many in as possible. We started Thanksgiving morning with a little Turkey Bowl. The weather was pretty nasty and the field covered in mud, but the men had fun and the kids got dirty. What more do you need to start the day. After we headed over to our Bishop's house for some yummy breakfast. I may now just be a Hungry Jack pancake fan after his wife's pancakes made my Bisquick pancakes taste like rubber.Next we headed over to York for some lunch/dinner with people who are second parents to me. I practically lived at their house growing up. I contributed three pies and the stuffing, which is the best part of any holiday meal hands down. After leaving there we headed over to my brother's house for some family fun. The cousins played till midnight at which point we decided it was time to hit the road. Mindee, my brother's wife, had left early to go to some midnight black Friday sales. As we left their house I thought Toys R' Us is so close. We'll just stop in. Well the line wrapped the whole way around the outer perimeter of the parking lot and was at least 500 people in the pouring rain. I forgot that madness lickity split and headed for home.Friday was spent hitting up black Friday sales and saving bu-coo bucks while Travis worked all day on a home improvement project which will be announced later but remains a mystery till I get the necessary photos. Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for zoo madness. We headed to DC to hit up the National Zoo. We left at 9:30 and got home at 5:00. It was super fun and the weather finally cooperated.
Vacation from school, yes, but the lazy kind of relaxing most people think of, no way, not for our family. Tonight I still have to make some cookies for my fabulous choir. Maybe tomorrow will hold the promise of doing nothing so that I will be supercharged for the new week.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the football action shots. Good for you for braving the Black Friday MADNESS! We went to Target and gave up. Saving the money would be worth it!

nicole said...

glad to see you guys had a happy and fun thanksgiving! So grateful for your frienship and example, Mary- love ya!