Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Wild Adventures

"I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl. Moment to moment. That's me." And if you can tell me what movie this is from we may be kindred spirits. And there aren't many areas in my life that I am actually like this moment to moment girl because I am more of a planner with a wild streak. And that wild streak comes out when it comes to traveling, whether road trips, vacations, or moving. So it should come as no surprise that Travis and I shortly after we got married decided to do a stint in Alaska.

There were some crazy times I'll admit it. But also some fun times. Well recently through the fabulous invention of facebook I have reconnected with one of my old friends from Alaska, Dahlia. I would attend the singles ward with her despite being married, because Travis was almost always out of town and I was only 20. We worked together for a brief period before I quit my job in Alaska, but we still hung out and we always laughed and that is what I remember. And she also blogs and after reading a couple entries I was smiling fondly although I may not have been smiling as the stuff actually happened back in 2001.

The year we were there it did snow all the way until June 6th. And by the 21st of June the Midnight Sun was crazy allowing for a party to be held all night long in Fairbanks. We ate funnel cakes and other fair food, heard bands play, and walked about enjoying the entertainment. We saw the Northern Lights start to appear in late August and it didn't ever get above the 80's that summer. We almost "crashed into"/drove under a moose driving back to Utah at the end of the summer and yes they are that big. Although I didn't appreciate Alaska so much when we were living there I can't wait for Dahlia to move back so I can take a little trip to visit her. I love finding long lost friends and remembering bits of history that are easily forgotten.

2 comments:

Biz said...

Pretty Woman!!

whitney allison said...

Pick one, I got red I got blue I got green...