Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gratitude is All About Attitude

In anticipation of the best holiday of the year I feel inspired to write a blog about all the unexpected things I am grateful for (even if it is a week early):
  • unexpected Thanksgiving invitations
  • sword hands
  • beautiful ballerinas
  • an unexpected starry sky
  • free activities for children
  • four beautiful seasons
  • good parent/teacher conference reports -for the most part-
  • surviving the swine flu with relatively minor symptoms
  • supportive undergarments
  • books
  • cabin trips
  • decent work hours for Travis
  • blogs
  • my Chanel purse
  • 2 functioning automobiles
  • large desk calenders
  • the opportunity to serve
  • soft kid lips with willing kisser participants

Although silly just thinking about some of these things the other day in the car led me to a brief moment of vision loss due to restrained tears. It may not seem like a lot but for me it is plenty.

5 comments:

David Adams said...

Certainly love this post!
Hey, can I get your address for Christmas cards. My e-mail is
mrmrsdaadams@juno.com

David Adams said...

Oh, it's Alisa, by the way....not my husband!

Sommer said...

Oh how I love your posts! You have such a wonderful life!

Mindee Graver said...

Okay, I just spent the last 20 minutes catching up on your blog! I haven't been online since right before my birthday, only to make my pick's quickly. Its been a fun busy month, but its been fun catching up on your blog!

First off I LOVE your hair! It looks super cute the length it is now... although now it is probably even longer than that, the way your hair grows!

Second, I would've loved to go to the Ballet with you guys and Bethanee, I know Bella will have a blast at that!

Third, Your book group sounds hilarious and so much fun! To bad I don't live closer, or I would so be there!

Fourth and final, because honestly I just read like 15 blog posts and I can't remember everything I was going to comment on. That is so cute that Wyatt is in wrestling =) I can just see him at home trying out his "moves" on his brothers.

Laura Lynn said...

I'm thankful I get to read your fun blog!
Hugs,
L