Friday, October 16, 2009

Flashback Friday Firsts

do you remember these babies? well i do. they are a large part of my childhood memories. we had at least four of them. what are they asks the unsuspecting person. well they are the very first ever hand held video game. they are educational and tons of fun.
so i thought those sure were cool when i saw them in my mom's basement the other day. i assumed they didn't work. my kids kept asking what they did. and so she said i could have them. finally i bit the bullet and purchased a costco sized amount of batteries - because they all take four C batteries - and to my splendid relief they all work. and my kids are loving them just the way i did. and you know what i still think they are tons of fun. and they are made by Texas Instraments the creator of my favorite college toy, the TI-86 - a calculator that also had games on it.

5 comments:

Unused Account said...

I just read this on the Woot blog.
Isn't Woot the best!

Mary said...

What is the woot blog?

Erin S said...

Oooh awesome, I'm so glad they still work! And I loved those calculators. I always played the games during class -- maybe that's why I never did too well with the actual math LOL.

Beckie said...

So neat. Never had one, but always thought they would be cool.

nicole said...

sweet..I loved those bad boys!