Sunday, June 14, 2009

Texas Trip: Day 1

Well we had been preparing for days. And all we needed was to execute this day with little drama and I would be thrilled. We left our house and headed for the airport at 7:30 in the morning. We got there and checked in with little to do, headed to the gate, and then I got myself a tasty treat to avoid motion sickness from the flight. I ordered a three egg omelot with peppers, cheese, and onions. The men attending to my order were joking amounst themselves and hitting on me. Never mind my seven year old daughter beside me. As I continued to wait for my order they tried to win over my affections and in the end they sent me with my omelot and a load of sausage on the house. Enough to feed Travis, the boys, Bella, and me. Really I can always count on having a confidence boost when in the presence of black men. What can I say truth be told, I have ghetto booty, a decent rack, and "my curves are kickin'." What's not to love?
We boarded the flight. The first leg went excellently. The kids were excited and contained. And...we got to our layover in Atlanta, our old stomping grounds. We got lunch for the kids and us. And there was just enough time to hit up the bathrooms and board. The second flight didn't go quite as smooth because of naptime, Kody was having none of this sleeping on the plane business. Until I walked him up and down the aisles 6 times, three round trip jaunts, and he fell fast asleep. From there we got into San Antonio, we loaded up and got home. The evening was perfect filled with fun and family. We talked and caught up with Travis's two siblings and their families and his parents. We had a camper parked out back to help accomodate all of us. It was a relaxing yet exciting way to start our adventure.

Home Sweet Home, the view from the deck. Yeah this is all their land. It doesn't matter how many times I've been there it still seems staggering how much land it is.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Yeah for Texas. I never thought I would miss it, but I really do.

Mindee Graver said...

Glad you had fun and are home safe =) Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Sommer said...

lol that is too funny about the guys hitting on you, I love those ego boosting moments!

We Three Queens said...

I love you, Mary!!! My booty is beyond ghetto... my rack has started to fall off the wall, and my curves are more like peaks and valleys. Your description, however, made me feel just great about all of my loveliness! You make me smile.