Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Summer So Far

Although summer officially started yesterday in our family it started the day Bella got out of school. And we have been filling our time. Not only have we gone to Texas but we have done many other things like:
Being Tourists in our own Town
Wilbur Chocolate Company
Yeah everything in that picture is edible.
Reverting to some of our old naughty ways. Kill me now.
Swimming/pool time with cousins and at the local pool.
Swimming with family is so fun. The kids play so well and I don't worry about how I look in my swimsuit. I love family.
The community pool is more kid friendly but invariably I see people who I would rather not have seeing me in my swimsuit. The kids teachers, principals, friends, neighbors, etc...
Engaging in America's Favorite Pasttime - Baseball.
The backyard games are amazing and Travis decided to take wiffle ball to a whole 'nother level. I the pitcher ending up with a welt and mark. This is more than 20 minutes past the end of the game and being hit.
Body painting - Nana in Texas got the kids bath paints. They are the biggest hit in the tub, on the trampoline with sprinklers, and with Kody any time he can find them.
Is this not the cutest little I've been caught face. And I know you're going to take them away from me.
I love summer, being outside, being so exhausted by playing that the kids fall fastly asleep once you lay them in bed. I love the fireflies, cool evening breezes, far off wind chimes, and various forms of vacationing. I love that I read an article about dropping even your cleaning routines during the summer to play more with your kids now that they are home. And I love that it inspired me. I love that this past week I did just that. Now I just have to keep it up all summer long. Already my OCD ways are nagging me to fold any one of the four loads of laundry in my room. But summer is perfection.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

Once again you ahve a way with wording things so perfectly, I couldn't agree more, summer is the best! Issac crying at the pool picture is so cute/funny and I agree the last picture is adorable of Kody! I can't get over how blue his eyes are! Keep having fun!

OwenEveryone said...

I don't swim in front of other people but family either! Right there with you on that one! Had a blast when y'all were here swimming with us! fun times. hope we do it again sometime, when y'all come back!

Mindee Graver said...

So true, I try and load up on my mondays cleaning so I can play more the rest of the week! Love this post, it has everything to do with summer! Can't wait to see you on Friday!

P.S. You looked HOT in your bathing suit!! Do you wear that same one to the public pool =) hee hee, you know what I mean ;)

Panda said...

your post makes me want to get outside! hurray for summer.