Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Spoiler Alert:

Anyone who knows anything about me at all knows that I am a voracious reader. I love reading and yesterday was no exception as I read three books, two start to finish and the other one in a more skimming fashion. This book by Janet Evanovich was released yesterday. I had already put every single copy at the library on hold in anticipation. I still am cheap: come on people do you know me at all? Anyway...after a good laugh with my librarian friends they handed over this book. I snatched it with energy so cataclysmic that my daughter said, "Sometimes it seems like you love books more than your kids." After calming her tender fears we headed to the pool. Not conducive reading ground since I am trying to watch kids and they think getting me wet is funny. Once I got them home I put them to bed for naps and embarked on the journey of a well told story.

This is the fifteenth in the series and I had definite preferences how I wanted this book to go. And her is where the spoiler comes in...the heroine of the book a not so apt bounty hunter embarks on bringing in people who skip on their court bonds and although the stories are funny and I laugh out loud during each of her books, the thing that has kept me going through fifteen books is this twisted love triangle between her and 2 potential love interests. One a mild Bad Boy turned somewhat domestic and two a feral Bad Boy. Well people I just want her to hook up with the Bad Boy number two. Seriously I have waited for fifteen books now and I am still left waiting. Although at first I would have gone the other way I am deeply entrenched in my current opinion that BB2 is the best choice. And with each book I get more angry and aggravated. Will she never pick a man, will the series never end, will I feel so annoyed over writing that has gone a little downhill, and the heroine's dumb decisions that I will be forced to fork out my own eye. Probably but you know what I still am waiting for next year's book to be released. For the first time in my life I am deeply entrenched in a soap opera, although this is of the written variety. I need a help group. Someone-Anyone?

3 comments:

Panda said...

i've also read all but this last one...if i remember correctly, i was always for bb1. :-)

candice said...

You are a sucker for all kinds of soap operas! Reality TV counts as soap operas, you know! I saw an advertisement for "More to Love" and I couldn't believe this was really going to happen. "Who is going to watch that?!!!" I wondered. "Oh yes, Mary will watch, she loves a good emotional drama!" I still have no idea how you are able to read three books in a day. I'd love for that to be MY reality!!

Mary said...

crap i never saw myself as a soaps person. i'll have to rethink that all. anyway i saw the premeire for "fat bachelor" and also thought who would watch that. and reading is just about priorities.