Thursday, October 6, 2022

Brasil MTC Week 3/4 - Elder Whiting

This week (and a half) has been craaaazy busy, but also one of the best of my life. My flight plans were pushed back a day about 2 hours before we left for the airport, which was a not totally welcome surprise. But the extra day gave me some time to be with my family and for that, at least, I am grateful. Because I was traveling late, I ended up traveling alone as well. But in His infinite mercy, the Lord put many people in my path to help me emotionally. To many tender mercies to list in one place. 

I arrived at the MTC and it has been a blast. I got reunited with my old district, minus those who are still waiting on visas. We also gained two new members, Elder Chandler and Komatsu. Both are from Japan, but Elder Chandler's father is in the Army, whereas Rlder Komatsu is ethnically Japanese. On Friday we also gained a 10th Elder, Elder Canon, who got kidney stones and has to stay a couple extra weeks while they monitor his health. 
I gotta say, the food her is AMAZING...for the first couple days. It is the same meal schedule every day. Paninis for breakfast and rice and beans with some variation of meat for lunch and dinner. The exception is Thursdays when we get pizza for dinner. Even that is different in Brasil though, because one of the options for tonight was pizza with a jam sauce and cheese curds. It was pretty solid.
The Holy Ghost speaks in a whole different way now. It's not louder by any means, but It is perhaps a but more willing to make its presence known. It also is just easier to feel with both the structure of the day and the content we study. I look forward to having this gift for the next 2 years. 
We get to play volleyball everyday, which is my jam. My district has found it amusing how in just 2 weeks I have turned from a fairly solid but quite player to a much more...animated version of myself as my competitive nature begins to express itself. 
We had the great opportunity to go to the São Paulo temple today. It was awesome! The Celestial room was smaller than San Antonio's but also very beautiful. 
To be honest, I have had to many experiences to put in one email. Hopefully, next week my thoughts will be more linear.
Love from,
Elder Whiting
Photos:
1. Average Meal
2. Elder Canon and Getz sleeping in .5 FOV
3. At the São Paulo Temple visitor center
4. Posting up in the dorms



No comments: