Thursday, October 20, 2022

Weekly Email 6: Last Week of MTC!!!!!!

This week has definitely gone by the fastest thus far. It seems like just 2 days ago I was writing my last letter, and now I'm writing another again. I'm not sure I have enough stories to fill it, but I will give it a try.

As part of my journaling, I have started to list things I'm grateful for each day, but each day the list growing by one. This has lead to some...obscure picks, including, but not limited too: the peanuts from the vending machine, a "nice" bed, power naps, Brazilian Elders, and a dope T-shirt blanket (shout-out to my mom).
Classes are going well, for the most part. We are at the point where our instructors and ourselves are expected to use exclusively Portuguese, which is great because we are able to do that, but also not because it means that we are never able to say what we actually want. That being said, our knowledge grows everyday and it's definitely a blessing to be learning as quickly as we are. That does not mean I am not a bit apprehensive about this upcoming Tuesday. 
Yesterday, one of our roommates carelessly locked us all out of our bedroom while we were showering, which feels like something from a movie, but was resolved in a surprisingly umembarrassing way. We just asked someone else to get help unlocking our bedroom. That does not mean we didn't give the perpetrator the hardest time ever though.
I have started reading the Saints novel, which is surprisingly great. The expressions of faith of everyday people really has helped my testimony to grow and put my struggles in a new light. The stories of miraculous conversions alongside very normal ones has helped me understand that the Lord has a different plan for everyone. 
Overall, I would say that although my time here has been great, I am anxious to get out there and do stuff. My Portuguese is at the point where I feel I could get most any point across and I have some level of listening comprehension, so I really don't feel like I have anything holding me back here except the people. My district is great and we get along really well with another district of Brazilians, so it's going to be hard to say goodbye. I know this is just a stepping stone, but I have gotten comfortable here... Still excited to leave though. I will be sure to let everyone know how the transition goes next week.
Fica Frio,
Elder Whiting

No comments: