Thursday, October 13, 2022

Week 5: The Grind



This week has been something of a snoozer. Not much exciting has happened, but that doesn't mean they don't have us working. We still have classes 6 hours a day and some days I just passout when I hit my bed.
I think I finally figured out Journaling. Little did I know that when we are honest when we journal it is a fulfilling experience rather than a laundry list of experiences. Needless to say, I have been having a much more spiritually blessed experience when I am honest with God and myself about how I feel and what I think. 
Yesterday, Elder Rasband lead an MTC devotional. It was really great to hear from an apostle of the Lord and he left us with two promises that are real special. It astounding that in a 1 hour devotional I ended up with about 3 pages of notes. The apostles really do have profound wisdom and insight. 
Once again, we visited the temple today, it was a wonderful experience. I went with a specific question in mind and took a small notebook into the Celestial room to make sure I recorded my revelation and that made all the difference. I have found that the more I spiritually prefore for the temple, the more meaningful an experience I have. 
It's been a long week. It's weird because day in and day out I feel like I am doing work that does not feel fulfilling of itself, but I feel like I am spending my work as a whole is more fulfilling than I can ever remember.
Até Mais,
Elder Whiting

No comments: