Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cartoon Symbolism

Today Bella went to a friend's house after church.  Later in the night when I went to pick her up, they were finishing up a game.  I joined in and we were all laughing.  Bella turned out to have a lot of random knowledge floating around in her brain.

...the Declaration of Independence was written on Hemp

...Winnie the Pooh was written about mental illness
Christopher Robbins - schizophrenic
Winnie the Pooh - Impulsivity with obsessive fixations
Piglet - Anxiety Disorder
Owl - Dyslexia (I don't know that I consider this mental illness, but...)
Tigger - ADHD
Rabbit - OCD
Eeyore - Depressive Disorder

Each of these characters were used to express different emotions that Christopher was experiencing.  Holy Bananas blowing my mind here.  It does sort of explain why I didn't relate to Winnie the Pooh much when I was younger.

...SpongeBob Squarepants is about the 7 deadly sins
1. Sloth - Patrick
2. Wrath - Squidward
3. Greed - Mr. Krabs
4. Envy - Plankton
5. Gluttony - Gary
6. Pride - Sandy
7. Lust - SpongeBob

...potatoes originated in Peru in 5000-8000BC

So it was quite an interesting game.  One in which I learned a lot and realized I knew a lot about nothing in particular.  My perfect kind of fun.

No comments: