Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Race For Education

Our elementary school does one fundraiser every 18 months.  It's called Race for Education.  They run for money basically.  Thank you to all of our family and friends who donated.  The boys did amazing.  They raced to see how much mileage they could do in 30 minutes, 3 laps equaled one mile.  I ran with the kids off and on throughout the day while helping and taking pictures.  I put in just over 5 miles.  The boys accumulated total was a little over 8 miles.
Wyatt was a reluctant runner.  He thought it was too hard to run the whole time, but found out it was all in his head when I showed him my jogging pace, that I set for him, was the same speed as his run/walk pace. 
Issac was my most enthusiastic runner and because of that I don't have pictures of him actually running.  Boo.  He did almost 3 miles in 30 minutes. 
Kody was very excited.  His friends and him had been trash talking and you can see him on the start line.  But he got plowed by the kids behind him and then refused to run for the first 15 minutes.  Eventually he got in a better mood, with the help of Ethan, and they ran together. 
They did 1.5 miles. 

No comments: