Sunday, April 29, 2012

Adults, Please

So widowhood hasn't been too bad so far.  I don't really know what to say when people ask how I am, usually with a sickly sweet sympathetic voice.  I appreciate their concern for me, the kids, even for Travis as that is usually the next question.  But the truth is, it's all very manageable.  A lot more planning is required to execute a day without dual transportation, but otherwise fine.  So although you think I am nuts and so obviously lying about how broken I am, fear not.  But I will inform you I do face two major dilemmas, one which can't be helped (I'll spare you) and the other, well that's where you come in dear friend and devoted read.

My second dilemma was under way this weekend once again, two and a half weeks into our human social experiment we are calling life right now.  The problem is this.  Without Travis and a normal job routine my weekends are much like my weeks.  And there is little break from kid land and general monotony reigns.  This is so not my cup of tea as I am generally very social and somewhat of a party girl.  So I implore you, if you live close by and you are interested in girl's night, dancing, karoake, etc..let me know, because I am all over that.  And that's all she wrote!

No comments: