Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Not So

Many people don't understand my love of birthdays. It's really quite simple. It is a day that Travis totally indulges me and my every whim and I let him. I can be very selfish and it seems to be okay. And so for one day a year I am in heaven. This year I wasn't quite in that state of mind but it was still an interesting day nonetheless.

My day started like any other and I woke up to pee to find this little surprise. Yes that is Happy B-day written on the toilet paper in green marker. When Bella saw it she thought it was totally hilarious. I have to say I laughed pretty hard considering the time of day and all.

Then in a totally selfish gesture I mopped the kitchen and dining room. Being the summer of forgetting typical routines it has gotten quite filthy. I could stand it no longer and so got on my hands and knees and cleaned it up. Kody hiding since he is pretty sure he will get in trouble for climbing up here. But I thought it was cute how proud he was.

The kids were pretty naughty in the morning and I knew it was just because they were so excited for my birthday. How sweet! And by mid afternoon when I took a happy birthday phone call I heard a cachaphony of noise break out. I quickly ended the call to find Issac at my legs covered in blood. Through a collision he had gotten a bloody nose. He had walked dripping the whole way through the house to me and this his sniveling sprayed blood all over me as well. That is when I found that Bella had been inspired by Dad's idea and did the same on the paper towels in red marker.

After we got that all taken care of we headed to the pool. I love the pool but yesterday a lifegaurd chastised me for not watching my kids as vigilantly as he thought I should. To his defense the pool was packed yesterday and I think he was a bit on edge.

But once Travis got home my bliss started. He started making dinner at my request terriyaki meatballs and rice and corn on the cob. He tucked me into bed with a book my very favorite thing to do. Once dinner was ready we woke the kids from their naps and ate. We had birthday pie because I am not a fan of cake - I don't know why for so many years I didn't think of just asking for pie - and opened presents. I got all new and matching Egyption Cotton bath towels, hand towels, and washclothes for the whole house. I also got a Michael's giftcard from the kids. And last Wyatt got me an IOU back massage. And my day ended perfectly with him following me around the house saying are you ready for your present yet Mom.

4 comments:

Biz said...

I think my faborite part is how Issac dripped blood all over the house.

Classic!

Beckie said...

Ok so I want to come take a shower at your house with matching Egyptian cotton towels. I love going to department stores and feel how plush the towels are.

Sommer said...

Wow talk about a hectic day!!!! You are super mom! SO sweet how Travis spoils you, I'm glad it ended well.

jaime said...

Glad you had a relaxing birthday evening! And I love the toilet paper trick... I may have to steal that one! :)