Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vacation Planning

I am so excited to go to the beach. I have always been a beach bum at heart. Although going with four kids is a little different I still love it just as much. The thing with the beach now that is most different is all the planning. I have to pack sheets and pillowcases for everyone, beach towels and bathing towels, and clothes galore. We haven't even gotten into the entertainment factor stuff like kites, sand toys, and coloring books, etc... for down time.

And I needed more diapers, wipes, swimmers. So yesterday I headed to Costco and spent $110. Yeah that covered two sets of diapers, one size 5, one size 3, one box of wipes, and one package of swimmers. That is when Travis and I decided time to potty train Issac. This is the last pack of diapers. And we are serious this time. Maybe?

6 comments:

whitney allison said...

Oh how fun! I too love the beach. I haven't had real beach time for a while. Dipping your toes in the Oregon coast when it's 55 degrees out doesn't really count as sun bathing you know what I mean? Entertainment stuff is definately important. Don't forget a few "Peoples" for yourself.

Sechrist Family said...

Listen Mary, I am just praying that you don't fall asleep and an Asian women doesn't try to take any of your babies! I'm funny.

Beckie said...

I hated potty training Issy, but I am finally done. Woo-Hoo!

Mindee Graver said...

LOL! Sorry, I was just laughing at Lindseys comment, I had totally forgotten about that! Anyways, my real comment was to ask if you wanted your potty chair back? I can just go buy one for Zac if ya need it, no problem, just let me know.

Ashley said...

I feel you Mary, my bed is totally covered in all sorts of random stuff I still need to pack. But I think I'm going to need to hear the story about the baby-stealing asian woman...

Marissa said...

I wish I only had one to potty train. Be glad you don't have twins. Twice the pee to clean up and twice the poop. I thought I was ready to get them potty trained but I'm not. Whether they're ready or not, they're gonna have to wait for me to be. Any advice?