Friday, December 11, 2015

Dear Travis,

I'm not going to lie, I feel a little sick right now to my stomach, a little sad, mainly hopeful and tons optimistic.  It's crazy that in this human experience we can feel all these conflicting emotions at once.
I know you are already asking, what sparked all this.  So let me give you the back story.

I just got done reading this book.  It was a "love story".  It was sweet and sad and I fell for the characters.  So much so that I started to get emotionally involved.  I had real opinions that the main girl should not forgive the main boy.  He had screwed up too many times in too many big ways.  In the end, she did and of course they lived happily ever after, but I left feeling heartbroken too.  My heart hurt and I am still feeling some of the pain and it's all FAKE.  Blasted books!

And I keep thinking back on our dating story.  How it was rocky and rough, filled with hurt and pain, some intentional mostly not.  And I think to all the times I forgave you and how well that turned out.  I think of where we are now and how I couldn't be happier.  I think of all the times still, that we hurt one another, never intentionally we've grown too much for that nonsense, but often unintentionally or just from selfish motivations.  I think of all the times you have forgiven me, more you, because I'm a much bigger culprit of selfish imprudence and need your forgiveness daily.  And that's where all the hopeful happiness and optimism comes in. 

You are amazing and wonderful and forgiving and kind and generous.  I keep thinking of that quote I read to you from another book the other day, "Always remember...You have been given the power to forgive any offense, and in so doing, remove it from your awareness...True vision is his gift, allowing you to see no blame; forgiveness is your truest purpose in this life.  Seventy times seven, always, leaving the old self in the watery grave and rising to find no fault."  And you...you are a master at this.  And I am learning, and I'm happy to say I've linked myself to you.  I'm learning from you everyday. 

Thanks for being you, I love what you do!
Mary

No comments: