Thursday, March 6, 2014

Idiosyncrasies

Most of my life I've been super hot.  See this post!  This is not a euphemism for my physical beauty, but really about my physiology.  I once proved it to my husband, by standing in front of a heat sensor, where it proved I emitted more heat.  So at night, when I am the hottest, I have learned to combat waking up hot and not being able to go back to sleep because of it, by wearing tons of clothes to bed, so I can take them off when I get hot all through the night and feel a little cooler each time.  Each morning if you go to my side of the bed you'll find a varying size pile of clothes.


I don't like to get mad, but have been known to go there.  I feel like I've grown a ton, but on occasion I may try and make your life unhappy too if you push me too far.  Case in point when I was 7 or 8, my sister and I shared a room.  She had made me very angry.  I can't remember why, but I decided to put boogers on every one of her dresser drawer knobs so that it would be physically impossible for her to open them without touching my boogers or cleaning them up.

I've turned into my mother.  When I walk into my kids' rooms and they are dirty after I have had them clean them that day or the day before, I just pull everything that is bugging me into a big pile that I throw in the middle of their room.  They can't miss it this way.

Despite being a religion that doesn't practice Lent, I have practiced it every year for the last 6 years at least.  Hey why not give up bad habits and unhealthy foods.  Kick it for forty days, kick it for good. Maybe???  Donuts defeat me every time.

I am too busy - almost always.  Many days I think I do too much.  But when I finally stop doing things and settle down for the first time in ages, I feel bored and restless and crazy and useless.  I decide I don't like that either and hop by into everything.  I don't know if I'll ever find the happy medium.

I have two major styles of dress.  They are in direct discordance with one another.  Often times I feel like they represent my personality.  Dress Style 1:  comfort, comfort, comfort (think Pj's - cute ones and trendy work out clothes)  I wear them everywhere without shame: the grocery store, the kids' school, youth group activities, the gym, random errands, to bed.  Dress Style 2: Formal attire(think very high heels, quirky not boring if possible (think cherries on them, snakeskin or something), dresses or tailored clothing.

No comments: