Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Copyrighted: It's Done

"Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match" are some of the most well known lyrics from Fiddler on the Roof, truly a gem among musicals.  And as I watched last night's episode of New Girl, a gem among TV sitcoms, I laughed at the premise, an Indian dating convention, where people were grouped based on education, employment etc...and how their perceived notions of where they were based on a third party unbiased opinion differed cracked me up and rang true.

And I couldn't help but think of a phrase that I would like to see become famous copyrighted by me right here, right now "Match your brand of crazy."  It's my life's worth of knowledge and advice and wisdom boiled down to five words.

I think in America and in life in general it takes all kinds to make the world work, interesting, and its best.  That being said...when picking spouses or even friends, "Match your brand of crazy."  Because there is always someone who will look at you and think you are madder than a Hatter nuts, Cray cray with a capital C, or just plain Bat Crap crazy - these are my favorite when referring to others.  But all that I am really saying is that their brand doesn't match my brand.  Its foreign, unusual and just a little disconcerting.

So if people want the key to life and happiness it is this:  Know yourself well enough to know who you are (at your core), find people who are fundamentally the same, marry the one who is most similar and smoking hot, and live happily ever after with those like minded individuals.

And so to each of you I say "Match your brand of crazy."  Go forth, spread the word, because if I have any potential to be famous someday it is because of these words.  My chances of fame aren't looking so good are they???

No comments: