Monday, October 31, 2011

The Great Underwear Debate

Many have heard the argument on the great underwear debate.  Boxers or briefs.  The great compromise was made and some company came out with the boxer brief  starting in the 90's.  Kudos to them.  Since then few have heard the underwear debate much.  This solution has satisfied every man, women and child alike. 

But in our house we still have the great underwear debate.  Names have been changed to conceal identities and avoid teenage embarrassment when the archives of this are found.  I have one son we'll call him Willy - he is under the distinct impression that the only time your underwear needs changed is coming out of the bath/shower (every other night in our house) or if some kind of damage has been incurred.  I'll spare you the details on that.  But you get my drift.  Willy gives me the heebie jeebies with his distinct beliefs on underwear.

Then we have Isaiah.  He thinks that underwear should be changed at a minimum daily, but often times will do a mid-day change, especially if there is a clothing change already taking place for some reason - say into a Karate uniform.  Each time I do laundry this child always has at least double the pairs everyone else has on their piles.

And last we have Dexter.  He is a precocious child.  And although many conversations on underwear have taken place, he is under the distinct impression that this is an optional item.  More days than not he is sporting nothing under his jeans, pants, sweats, etc... And on those days that I take matters into my own hands and wrestle a pair onto the child, say for Dr's visits or something, more often than not I will find hidden pairs of underwear behind the toilet.  Yes that is right, he takes them off after peeing and hides them.

So I implore you, lest you think the great underwear debate has been solved, to weigh in on your boys  underwear habits so I don't feel like I have three little freaks running around.  Unless your kids do it the right way.  And then by all means keep it to yourself.  I don't need to feel anymore silly about this than I already do.

3 comments:

Adams said...

Ok, "Dexter" is hilarious!
Mine would be that I have a certain middle child that refuses to wipe after he goes #2. How do I know that other than the OBVIOUS streaks on his underwear, you ask? He also loves to not flush the toilet? It is often heard in our house, "Brigham, you forgot to flush the toilet.....and wipe your bum!"

Staigerfamily said...

Ha Ha Ha . . .
My kids are under the impression that clothing is optional. Mostly the boys are in nothing but underware. My youngest, though . . . he has been seen on multiple occasions up and down the street in nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's quite humbling to call your kids in for dinner and realize that one of them has been out playing in the street naked the entire time . . .
I also can't seem to get a certain older child to flush the toilet. No amount of training or consequences seem to be working . . .

Christie said...

Love the code names.