Saturday, September 17, 2011

Big Bash Obstacle What???

Dash - Yeah it's a mud run.  Like Tough Mudder, although that is like the hardest one, or Warrior Dash, or Muddy Buddy or well if you need more examples this probably isn't your cup of tea.  But click the links if you think you might be interested in this type of thing.

This particular one 3.25 miles of running fun intersperced with 12 obstacles such as climbing hay bales, crawling under barb wire in arm deep mud sludge, scaling walls, jumping barrel hurdles, burrowing though tubes, and wading through chest high muddy waters to name a few. 
the finish line
My time you ask:  "If you wanna know, here it goes".  41:40.  Not too shabby.  It was a good mix of pacing my run and having fun.  Next year's goal sub 32 minutes.  In the meantime, bonus point for whoever can source that quote.  And if you google it, don't post the answer.  I'm looking for pop culture divas or divos.

the happy couple


4 comments:

Adams said...

Oh, I am still hurting reading your post below at the baseball game. Seriously, oweeeeeeeeee!
And that last picture of you and Travis is sooooooo adorable! I think you should consider it for Christmas cards!

Kari said...

Thanks for looking at our blog Mary. Yours is always exciting.

Biz said...

PLEASE tell me it's a JoBro??? I'm half ashamed to guess in case I'm wrong.

lacey said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! That's right up Travis' alley. Tell him I bet all those runs to the top of the peak in his lifetime geared him up for this day!