Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Is How It Went

We were at the Pediatrician's office for the kids' annual checkups, Bella and Wyatt.  Our doctor although a spectacular pediatrician is as dry and humorless as any man I have ever known.  The doctor is looking the kids over inclusive of their nether regions.  Wyatt was first and Bella was up on the table.  The doctor was about to check her nether regions when:

Wyatt:  (giggles)  Bella that is going to tickle.  It tickles when he checks your private parts.
Me:  Wyatt knock it off.
Wyatt:  It does.  He (pointing to the Dr.) touched my private parts.
Me:  Doctors are allowed to touch your private parts when they are making sure you are healthy and if they think something is wrong with it. 
Wyatt:  And me.
Me:  Yes and Mom if there is a problem.
Wyatt::  What about Dad?
Me:  Yes moms, dads, and Dr.s are the only ones allowed to touch your private parts, but only if there is a problem or they are checking you at the Dr.'s office.
Wyatt:  What about grandmas and grandpas?
Me:  Absolutely not.  Only moms, dads, and Dr's.
Wyatt:  What about Bella?  Can she check my private parts? 
Me:  No she shouldn't even see your private parts.  That is why you guys have your own rooms.
Wyatt:  What about you and Dad?  You share a room.  Is that so he can check your private parts?

The doctor looks up at me with a full smile on his face waiting for me to answer.  His levity is obvious.  And for such a deadpan guy it was as if he had dropped to the floor rolling with laughter.  I look at Wyatt who had an evil glint in his eye.  And that is when I realized he had purposely orchestrated my embarrassing death.  Touche little man, you have won the battle but not the war.  You have your whole teenage years ahead of you.

5 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Oh my gosh! I loved this! I cannot stop laughing. Carson is asking what is so funny . . . and I am not about to read this story to him. :) I'm so glad you shared!

We Three Queens said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAhehehehehehAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Hysterical. Oh, Mary. I can only imagine how much fun you're going to have with this little man. Best of luck. AND, thanks for sharing.

candice said...

Scott, his brother Aaron and I are DYING!!! So funny!! The big question is... did you answer Wyatt's question? What's the answer??!! We're dying to know how you answer such a thing!!!

Scott and Nancy said...

Dear Mary,
First of all, this is HILARIOUS. Second, I didn't know you had a blog! Now I get to blogstalk you and catch up on you guys' life! :)

Christie said...

Oh my word that is too funny!