Monday, February 21, 2011

Transplant

You can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the boy.   And this is exactly why my 7 and almost 9 year old have already had their first driving lessons.  And not your garden variety sit on my lap and steer kind.  No my hubby took the kids to a parking look jumped in the passenger seat and let them try it all on their own the whole kit and caboodle of driving.  Everyone's alive, but it was a bit shocking to learn about this especially from one of the kids. 

In other news...I have taken the boy out of Texas into Pennsylvania and into this crazy weather.  Last week we had several nice days, two reaching 70+ degrees, no coats, and lots of playground action.  Tonight it is snowing and since I didn't watch the news I was shocked to get up from reading and see an inch already on the ground.  T-rex informs me we are supposed to get 3-5 inches.  Let's hope for a delay and no cancellation.  At this rate we're already going into the middle of June.

1 comment:

Solviej said...

Sooooo scary! I'm not even sure I want Micah to drive when he's 16, let alone 7!