Monday, February 14, 2011

Can I Just Tell You?

This was how my friend approached me on Saturday night.  He said, "Can I just tell you how much I love your husband?"  Is this answer to this "yes" or is it "I know he's great that's why I married him"?  He continued to enumerate all the reasons he loved my husband. And I can't help but glow because I think the world of him too.  And of course I passed that list of compliments right along to my husband.  But here are some of the reasons that I love my husband that most people don't know:
  • He is super funny - he may appear quiet on the exterior, but he can get very funny and his humor changes.  Most people have one type of humor, but my hubby has a silly humor, a dirty type of humor, he's very big on puns, and when he uses sarcasm it is the absolute best, because he can use the deadpan tone so seriously most people don't know if he's joking or not.
  • He is one of the strongest men I have ever met - although not all bulky, meat head muscles, pound for pound he is the strongest man I know.  Our courtship started with wrestling matches and still to this day I love to without warning run and jump on him to see if he can catch me.  The other night he held his arms out at a 90 angle, like he is about to do a bicep curl and I did a straddle jump and landed in his arms.  He caught me flawlessly.  And come on how can this not be super sexy to be toted around as if I weigh nothing.
  • He loves games - I love to play games, not your garden variety Candyland or Monopoly, and he indulges me constantly.  There will be times where I fake faint in the middle of him talking to me and I can't be revived until he kisses me in some specific spot I have predetermined in my mind.  And he will start at the very top of my head kissing every possible inch.  Keep in mind the whole time he will be trying to tickle me or torture me while I try to stay fainted.  It's ridiculous I know, but this kind of stuff makes me love him forever.
  • He is super handy - whether it is a home repair, car repair, etc...he will fix it.  Or ehow to find the answer on how to fix it.  He has saved us tons of money just from his curiosity into how things work.
  • He would give me a massage every single night - and he pretty much does.  Whether it is sore muscles from working out, sore feet from being on mom duty all day, or a headache from stress, he will rub all night every night if I ask him too.  I try not to take advantage of him in this area and his good naturedness, but it is divine.
  • He will get me anything I ask for - I could be up walking around doing things, and he could be laying in bed on the verge of sleep but if I asked him to run downstairs and get me something he would not even hesitate before jumping out of bed to go get it for me.  Some of my friends give me a hard time saying he is my virtual slave that's how cool he is about it.
I know I'm a bit spoiled.  He sounds like perfection right.  Well he is.  I mean he is all these things I've listed and a million more making him the most special man in the world.  And guess what, he picked me.  Now it may have taken some cajoling and convincing him on my part in the beginning but no more.  I know as clearly as I know anything in this world that my husband loves me more than anyone or anything.  He would do anything to make me happy.  And with someone like that how can you not love them back fiercely.  And so to my friend I say, "He is pretty great, huh!" with a smirk because even though you might think you know how great he is: what's makes him the most special treasure in all the world is the unassuming packaging he wraps all these abundantly good qualities up in.  And that even me who knows him better than anyone else is constantly surprised and thrilled to find almost daily more undiscovered good traits in him. 

Happy Valentine's Day, babe!

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Aww..sweet. Have a good Valentine's you two.

Unknown said...

What a great man! Happy Valentine's Day!