Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Skills

Swimming lessons were okay when we tried them with Bella when she was 3 or so, but not as good as I had hoped. Therefore I didn't do them with Wyatt or Issac. But both are swimmers. And nothing motivated my four year old to learn to swim like the knowledge that he couldn't jump off the diving board until he could swim to the ladder by himself, pool rules. So nothing like a pool membership and the oppurtunity to swim everyday helps a child learn to swim faster. And in no time they were all jumping off the diving board with Issac leading the way. And it wasn't long till Wyatt was ready for the high dive, 3M, and once again Bella and Issac weren't far behind. And then Wyatt decided to dive off the high dive and I'll let you watch that for yourself.

As you can see the pressure of the high dive bust Bella's swimsuit at the behind. And Wyatt's diving wasn't a success the first time as his freezing mid air caused him to belly flop. But he and the others have been practicing on the low dive with moderate success. And Wyatt has done his first forward sommersault.

As former captain of my high school's diving team I couldn't be happier. And I may just be brushing up and pulling out some of my old skills too.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! This is awesome! What daring kids. Love the videos. Way to go, Bella, Wyatt, and Issac!