Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Philly Field Trip

Boys, boys, boys.  I had three boys - my son, his best friend and a brand new buddy this year.  It turns out I have known his mom for years, but didn't ever make the connection of mother to son until during the field trip.  We hit some of the old stand by favorites and classics like The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, The Benjamin Franklin Museum (not to be confused with the Franklin Institute - which is awesome).  I did some new things too, which was a nice surprise.  I hit Elfreth's Alley, National Constitution Center and Union Fire Company - the first Fire Company in America as well as the United States Mint.

It's amazing that I have been to Philadelphia seriously no fewer than 30 times and I am still finding new stuff and tons of history I didn't know or haven't visited yet.  And I still have a list of things I would like to see, topping the charts is the Federal Reserve.  But there is never enough time.  And since I had little boys, we also ran around the city looking at graffiti, homeless people and leap-frogging over the metal posts and being chased by the gaggle of girls who loved the boys in my group. 

It was a good day.  His happy smiles are enough to make me love whatever we are doing!
This little chess lover and B. Franklin follower was so excited to be this close to his chess set.
Elfreth's Alley - the longest continuously lived on street over 300 years of history.  Several are for sale and not that expensive.  Would have loved to see some insides!
He couldn't help but be compelled to obey.


No comments: