Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Emoting Crazy

The book The Secret promotes the premise that whatever you think and say you put out into the universe and therefore it will come back to you.  With the acceptance of this concept you can think your way to happiness, love, money, etc...

Well if you buy into this premise, let me break it down for you...
I must be crazy.  I must think crazy.  I must talk crazy, because I feel like no matter where I go crazy finds me. 

I once had a masseuse, while giving me a preggers massage, tell me to picture Jesus's love flowing down to my baby through a golden umbilical cord.  Likewise she followed up with the offer that if I so desired since she was in communication with my unborn baby that if I wanted to know what the child wanted to be named she would tell me.  I respectfully declined. 

Another masseuse told me that I had broad shoulders for a girl and that because of that people would always confide in me.  It became a bit of a laughing point between some of my friends and me because although it was a bit "earthy" every time I leave a social situation with a little more knowledge about someone than I bargained for, they sum it up with, "It must be your broad shoulders."

Despite these crazy stories and a million others, I still was shocked when we got to the airport to leave for family vacation.  Long story short, I had cordoned off a section of 8 seats in a virtually empty airport seating area for the 6 of us and our luggage.  Shortly after, a young man deposited his bags in the midst of ours and sat down right between two of my kids.  He then engaged them in a semi lucid conversation and attempted to tickle them and breach the social boundaries of physical touch for strangers.  At first I watched wanting to verify that he wasn't mentally delayed before I intervened.  But it was concluded that nope, he was just super drunk.  So of course I had to get video proof for the friends I would soon be visiting on vacation and then put the kibosh on that.  Imagine their lack of surprise when they found I had drawn the crazy aka drunk man to me, where he told me all about his life and bonded with my kids over Harry Potter.

And thus began our vacation.  Bet you can't wait to hear more details!!!  So here he is.  Notice Issac is leaning away from him looking all nervous.  And see the video below to hear just how pesky consonants can be when intoxicated.  Good times, good times indeed.

No comments: