Saturday, September 8, 2012

Everything and Nothing

School has started.  I have terrible pictures but it's the first day and so it need memorialized.

We spent a night last week in the ER.  Also noteworthy.

I still haven't finished my blog update on vacation week 5+.

Everyday I think of something I want to blog about or at a minimum - facebook status update about.  Still it doesn't get done.

Life is crazy, and just keeps getting crazier.  It will all get done in due time.  I know some of you are waiting with bated breath.  Or at least I've convinced myself you all are wondering about me and mine.  :)

Anyway...today's post is much more meaningless than that...several nights I have dreamed the same dream.  Different house, different characters, but always the same underlying theme.  I have a home and am finding tons of new rooms, or extra space, or more features, etc...

Finally this morning, after a wake up call at 8:30 on a Saturday morning - who does that?  Do you people know me at all?  I digress - after dreaming the same dream, I while laying in bed ponder what it means, I grab my phone on the bedside table and google the heck out of it.

"The finding of extra or secret rooms: A common dream theme – recognition or discovery of previously unnoticed aspects, abilities, fears, or traits in yourself. If the discovery is distressing, this may reflect a feeling of a change in your status quo which is disturbing. But the hidden room can indicate entering a new dimension of your awareness, one that reveals previously hidden or unknown facets of your personality."

"The Dream Doctor says the extra-room dream is associated with "a rediscovery of lost aspects of the self," noting that it's often experienced by women "who have scarified personal hobbies and passions (painting, music, desire to own a small business) for the responsibility of parenting."

So two of the dreams have remained with me.  The first goes like this:  My neighbor is over looking at my house to see how it compares to hers (Note: this happens a lot in our neighborhood since all the homes are like 1/5 options).  And as I show her around I take her to the basement.  Another note from the web: Basement = the unconscious mind And there in my basement I find water.  Like lots a foot or so over the entire floor.  And it's rising somewhat rapidly.  But instead of being upset, I realize that there is a rope swing in my basement and I grab it and start swinging across the water making a game out of it and having the time of my life.

Dream two:  I am looking at homes, home shopping.  I have found the one we plan to purchase.  I am taking a final walk through and I just keep finding more and more rooms, features, pimped out(edness).  And by the end what was a normal looking house on the outside is this ginormous McMansion on the inside and I own it!

So I implore my readers:  What the heck do you think this all means?  And...why do I keep dreaming it repeatedly.  Am I supposed to do anything with this? 

Sweet Dreams!

No comments: