Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thirty Things of Thanksgiving

For the month that celebrates an attitude of gratitude
 here are 30 things I am grateful for,
one for each day of the month.

1. my home being my refuge
2. older pictures
3. a husband who can follow a recipe and cook me dinner
4. the excitement of a first snow - even if it comes early in the season
5. wet kid kisses
6. the beauty of the Earth
7. cute pictures of me
8. the gym, gym friends, and pushing myself everyday
9. going out to eat
10. reading a book with absolutely no substance whatsoever
11. watching my husband turn our old VHS family videos into DVD's
12. crafting Christmas stockings
13. hearing the primary children sing really loud and full of excitement
14. children who consider each other best friends
15. attending sporting events
16. bread bowls filled with hot soup on cold evenings
17. forever friends
18. a vacuum on each floor of the house
19. posing for family pictures - sometimes I'm thankful, sometimes I'm angry
20. this blog to record life's little moments
21. parties, social gatherings
22. educational toys - i enjoy them more than most
23. new recipes
24. really good fast and testimony meetings
25. cuddling with a child and talking about their day
26. listening to music while i pay bills - it eases the stress
27. getting stuck in traffic and being able to get to know the person in the car with you better
28. sunny, cool autumn days filled with the smell of burning leaves
29. being a part of and living in a great community
30. the birth, death, and resurrection of our Savior

I hope you are considering the things you are grateful for this month too.  What are they?

1 comment:

Adams said...

The cool weather.....it is raining here right now and I am so grateful that it is cooling down. I love the fall!