Saturday, September 12, 2020

I'm So Excited For Her/I Don't Want to Let Her Go

Returning Isabella to college brings out the bipolar in me.  My emotions range from one end to the other and often I can be experiencing both simultaneously.  After coming home during the Spring semester and then staying home for the Summer Semester, I wasn't prepared to get used to her living at home again just to send her back.  But alas, I am excited for her, but I am sad for me.  I want to see her spread her wings, but I will miss my buddy. 

So in a massive send off we went to visit some places we hadn't been before.  We went to Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Pike's Peak, Breckenridge, and then into Utah and Idaho to visit friends and family.  Touring with just one kid is super fun and gives them so much control to pick what interests them.  

Last leaving is always a tear filled goodbye. Both on her part and mine. In the end though, I know she is exactly where she needs to be doing exactly what she needs to do. So Travis, Isabella, and I spend the last few days trying to stock pile as many cuddles as we can to last us through the separation.  Love you Princess Pei Pei.

No comments: