Tuesday, January 7, 2020

New Year, New Day, Same Old Stuff

First day back at school after a three week vacation for the holidays.  And I was ready to work. The morning started with stripping beds and doing laundry. And as I'm cycling through the laundry I realized hunting season really has just finished when I find an empty shell casing in my washing machine.  Luckily for me it was a spent casing, unluckily for me this is not the first nor I suspect the last time this will happen. I feel like I've educated the masses on checking their pockets before they throw things in the wash and I think extra emphasis has been put on ammunition, but sometimes the things you don't think you should need to say you end up saying the most.  Or maybe it's just at my house?
Then with all my energetic exuberance I decided to flip my king size mattress all by myself in the tight fit of the bedroom. Needless to say I'm not as strong as I thought, and the ability to flip mattresses in confined spaces is not as easy as I thought, and a long story short I sweat so much I needed to change my clothes.  I tried to call in reinforcements unsuccessfully and I looked like this man, but eventually I got it done. Check another thing off The To Do List!
Last, Tuesday is my volunteer days at the kids' Middle School library.  It was fairly busy being back from the break and all the kids needing books. But the best is when the orchestra teacher stopped to tell me she saw Kody today and she appreciated his outfit as did the "orchestra harem". She then proceeded to tell me how he's quite the Ladies Man and she calls the group of girls who follows him around her Orchestra Harem. Oh the joys of middle school.  I'm pretty sure it was worse being in middle school than parenting middle schoolers but not by quite the margin I had hoped.
Onward and upward to more crazy happenings.  Happy 2020!

No comments: