Saturday, December 9, 2017

They Say We Brought It With Us

The biggest snowstorm in the past three decades.  I didn't believe it, especially when they were like the last snow storm like this was in the late 80's.  Yay, that's not three decades, I thought.  Then I did the math.  Crap - age is sneaking up on me. 

It was only two and a half inches when said and done, but it was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that our family needed.  We were beyond ecstatic.  The whole state was. We played in it, built snowmen, and had snowball fights.  I told the kids to play while they could because it wouldn't last. 

And although the next morning it was still there, that morning dawned bright and sunny.  They played some more before the bus came, but being Texas the heat came, it all melted, but it wasn't quickly or easily forgotten - by anyone.  And everyone who hears we just moved here from PA says, you brought the snow with you.

Well I don't know about that, but I wouldn't mind if it stayed with me year after year.  I don't need a lot.  Just the anticipation that builds, and a little accumulation, to remind you of your childhood, to allow you to play, to experience the miracle of snow!

No comments: