Monday, December 18, 2017

Getaway...We Need More Weddings!

Travis's niece, Lindsay was getting married.  We had missed her brother's wedding only months before in June.  Something about moving across the country in the next month made it seem like an impossibility to attend.  But we wanted to make a strong showing. 

So we bought tickets, rented a car, and spent a slightly long weekend away.  We flew into SLC, checked on the rental, caught up with my sister, drove up to Idaho, played with the family, set up for a wedding, attended a wedding, reception, and played some more, then a quick trip back down to SLC to hear Elizabeth speak in church, and a quick flight back home after lunch. 

I forgot how much fun Travis and I have when it is just us with no kids.  Don't get me wrong, the kids are great, but then we are parents.  Without them we are just us.  And I like us!  We need more weekends like this.

No comments: