Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fundraisers, Fall, and Fun

November was a fast month, at least in retrospect.  It's amazing now, how when writing this in September almost a year later, how I realize I was just surviving.  We were all just surviving.  Had you asked, I would have said we were settled, but I see that now that we were spending so much time getting settled, making friends, trying to be happy in this new setting. The moments were fun, sometimes more work than to achieve than previously, but then we, Whitings, we are a resilient bunch.

Kody ran in his elementary school fundraiser - Run the Gauntlet.  I ran with him.  It was similar to Race for Education.  It's interesting to see PTO differences and similarities.
Then as we moved clearly into fall, I looked for any sign that it was actually Autumn time.  I photographed any tree changing colors, any hope of lost leaves, overcast skies, and cool weather.  This may be the hardest part of the move.  What has been a major aspect of my life and my favorite season is lost to me.  Sure the calendar says autumn, but each morning I walk out when it is overcast expecting it to be very cool, but warm up with clear blue skies in the afternoon.  Instead it is already warm and moist.  The overcast skies will burn off, but turn into uncomfortable heat even still.
Last...with Six Flag season passes, we have tons of fun going to Fright fest, inviting friends on free days, birthday parties, and trampoline parks. 
 
 
 

No comments: