Tuesday, October 3, 2017

All Tiggered Out

If I were to summarize the summer of 2017 and include in that until probably October of 2017,
the adjective I would use is tiring.
A cross country move with four kids, a dog, and no job is exhausting.
 And in all the packing and preparation, I would find the kids passed out.
 Every time we got in the car, it was lights out.
 I found the kids in other beds besides their own, because they were too tired to move.
 By the time we moved, they slept pretty much all three days of the journey there.
  But even in Texas and mostly unpacked, I kept finding them asleep.
 Every near flat surface became a bed, as we all tried to recover.
And after several months of recovery and rest, I guess we got out of the funk.
And I'm sure some day, I may forget how much work moving is,
but I can't imagine that day is anytime soon.

No comments: