Friday, April 28, 2017

I Don't Home School My Kids...

but I am the number one educator of them.
I'm not one of those parents who sends my kids to school assuming
their teachers will teach them all they need to know.
And that goes for Math, English, Science and Social Studies too.
 
Teachers have their hands tied by a million rules and laws and bosses.
They are severely outnumbered.
Overworked and underpaid.
They are amazing, teachers, truly some of the most selfless people ever;
they are romantics and idealists.
The perfect people you want helping to teach your child.
But leave them as that - HELPERS in educating.
 
So I'll get off my soap box and get to the point.
I love learning.  I feel responsible for teaching my kids.
I like to give them experiences, broaden their exposure, and explore what they love.
I like to travel with them, tour around.
 
So once again instead of PSSA's,
we continued to learn...
about how guitars are made,
mining, the freeze/thaw patterns in areas near glaciers,
geography, and land features.
We went to the Poconos to visit friends too.
We live life to learn!
BUT NO HOMESCHOOLING FOR ME!
 
 

No comments: