Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mini-Me

Dear Issac,

I love your blond hair that is as shocking to me as Kody's red. I guess I just expected brown in all of my kids.  I love your eyes that change color with some frequency alternating between blue, gray, and green.  I love your little pug nose, your full little kid lips and kisses.  I love that your hands are always warm and super soft and that you love to hold my hand still.

I love your fierceness, your energy, your enthusiasm.  I love that your whole personality is infectious and wherever I go people comment on all of these things.  I love that you are a leader and not a follower.  I love that you are the first of all the kids to say thank you for anything whether it is a little snuggle time, taking the family out to eat or finishing a family vacation. 

I love that your passion extends to those things religious and how deeply you feel them.  I love that you pop off the bench for dinner to kneel for prayers extending that to almost every time you pray whether the rest of us or kneeling or not.  I love that you love when I sing to you at bedtime and always request church songs.  I love your sleepy little voice that sings along fading in and out of relaxation so deep you are barely singing at all, but you can't help it.  I love that when you are in church your singing is filled with as much excitement as you have when playing sports.

I love how much you adore learning and school specifically.  It makes my job so easy when you soak up knowledge like a sponge trying to absorb every last drop.  I love that you walk around the house all day saying words and then spelling them out as best you can.  I love the notes you leave for me all over.  I love that your Kindergarten teacher laughed at parent/teacher conference and said, "You warned me.  He isn't like Bella at all.  But he is equally great."  And then went on to gush about how much she loves you and how well you are doing acclimating.

If you haven't guessed yet, I just love you.  I love the little things and the big things.  And I love even more that people always think that you and I not only look exactly alike, but act the same too.  Because I love who you are and it makes it a little easier on those less than great days to look at you and know there is even a modicum of so much good floating in me too.  I am in awe of you and know that someday you are going to be the man that every girl dreams of calling her husband.  I love that about you too.

Love, Mommy

PS Happy 6th Birthday!

2 comments:

Ringly said...

http://www.vogue4biz.com cheap jordan shoes
http://www.fashion2biz.org Brand clothing
http://www.seekjersey.com Wholesale jerseys
http://www.oakleytrade.com cheap oakley sunglasses

nicole said...

mary-
I love how you are such an awesome mom.